Phi Kap 2020: A Fraternal Renaissance
Samuel Brown Wylie Mitchell and 6 other men of honor founded Phi Kappa Sigma International Fraternity over 160 years ago. Their goal was simple, start an organization for college age men that can make a difference in the world through the fulfillment of the Objects of the Fraternity.
In that act they gave each of us the gift of our Phi Kap experience. We need to pay it forward.
Therefore, Phi Kappa Sigma International Fraternity has announced a goal to double the number of undergraduate members within our organization by the year 2020.
- We want to help twice as many college men…
- achieve their full potential
- contribute to the community
- get involved on campus
- learn leadership skills
- make a difference in the world
Phi Kappa Sigma is leading a Fraternal Renaissance. What our Founders intended when they started this “social fraternity” is a dedication to improving society; a cause worthy of return. We are proud to emulate what it truly means to be a “social fraternity,” gathering honorable men of common values with a united purpose, that’s the fraternal experience our founders believed in and the fraternity we wish to embrace.
Growth Incentive Program
The purpose of the Phi Kap 2020 initiative is to increase the number of undergraduates impacted by the Phi Kap Experience. As an incentive to our existing Chapters to work toward this goal, the Executive Committee has approved a generous financial incentive program.
Each Chapter will work directly with the Executive Board and Staff of Phi Kappa Sigma International Fraternity to set both a New Member and Initiation goal for the current academic year.
When the Chapter achieves its New Member goal, the Chapter will receive a $500 cash bonus that will be paid to the Chapter immediately.
For each New Member initiated in excess of the Initiation goal, the Chapter will receive a $200 cash bonus.
- New Member Goal = 20
- Initiation Goal = 18
- If the Chapter pledges 20 New Members and all 20 New Members pay their New Member Fee then the Chapter will receive $500.
- If the Chapter initiates all 20 New Members and all 20 New Members have paid their Initiation Fee then the Chapter will receive an additional $400. ($200 each for the 2 Initiates in excess of the 18 goal.)
- all-expenses paid trip (including hotel, registration, and airfare) to Grand Chapter 2012 for one person from the Chapter in each region that initiates the largest number of men.
- all-expenses paid trip (including hotel, registration, and airfare) to Grand Chapter 2012 for one person from the Chapter in each region that initiates the greatest number in excess of their Initiation Goal.